Always look on the bright side of life...


Dear friends,


it's been a busy week, but it was worth while. Sadly enough this wasn't about crochet though. From the 2nd of May on, I'll finally work part-time again, instead of just having a mini-job. That does mean less time for crochet and for dyeing and for stitch markers, but... Well, you know what I mean...

 
I am really happy. I work in a small family-run business and that's just what it feels like: being part of the family! I like my job, I have great colleagues and real nice bosses. What more could I want? 
   

I did spend some time with yarn though: I made a bag with the yarn I dyed last week and started a shawl with some yarn of my first batch and I made two large mandalas for the balcony. Small wonder I'm not getting anywhere with pattern-writing and photo-tutorials... But, hey, a day hasn't got but 24 hours.

So I'm into housekeeping this weekend, but, I'll most definitely squeeze some crochet in and I still have the odd stitch marker to make as well. No dyeing planned so far, but as Tuesday is a day off (1st of May), I might prepare everything and dye yarn on Tuesday... Let's wait and see...


The bag I made is a mix of denim and crochet. A denim base and lining, highlighted with a broad crochet band of my own hand-dyed yarn. I've still got approx. 17g of yarn left, so I might make a cell phone or specs case a too.

The large mandalas (40cm in diamater) are Melrose Doilies (see free pattern here), 3 rounds in each shade.
 

And now, I'm off wiping the floors!

I'll keep in touch!



Liebe Freunde,


das war mal wieder eine arbeitsreiche Woche. Leider hatte das Ganze nichts mit Häkeln oder Wolle zu tun. Wie dem auch sei, vom 2. Mai an werde ich endlich wieder Teilzeit arbeiten statt nur als Aushilfe. Das bedeutet zwar weniger Zeit fürs Häkeln, Färben und für Maschenmarkierern, aber... Ihr wisst was ich meine, nicht?

Ich bin echt froh, denn ich arbeite in einem kleinen Familienbetrieb. Ich mag meine Arbeit, habe tolle Kollegen und supernette Chefs, was will ich mehr!?


Trotz der vielen Arbeit dort, blieb mir noch etwas Zeit, um mit Wolle zu spielen: Aus einem Strang meiner selbst gefärbten Wolle habe ich eine Tasche gemacht, mit einem anderen habe ich ein Schultertuch angefangen und ich dann habe noch zwei große Mandalas für den Balkon gemacht. Kein Wunder, dass ich mit dem Schreiben der Anleitungen oder mit den Foto-Tutorials nicht voran komme... Aber, leider hat der Tag nur 24 Stunden...

Am Wochenende steht vor allem Hausarbeit an, aber ich werde bestimmt auch noch etwas Häkeln und den einen oder anderen Maschenmarkierer machen. Färben habe ich nicht geplant, aber da Dienstag ein freier Tag ist (1. Mai), könnte ich schon mal alles vorbeireiten und dann ggf. am Dienstag färben... Mal schauen...


Die Tasche ist übrigens eine Kombi aus Jeansstoff und Häkelei. Tasche und Futter sind aus Jeans und drum herum ist ein breites gehäkeltes Band – aus meiner selbst-gefärbten Wolle. Erstaunlicherweise habe ich noch 17g übrig. Vielleicht mache ich daraus eine Handyhülle oder ein Brillenetui.

Die Mandalas (40cm in Durchmesser) sind nach dem Melrose Doily Muster gehäkelt (zur Anleitung geht es hier), jeweils 3 Runden in den jeweiligen Farben.


So, und nun gehe ich putzen!

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

Kommentare

  1. Meine liebe Marjan,
    da bin ich wieder...... die Tasche sieht ja super aus; tolle Kombi Stoff und Wolle! Das Mandala gefällt mir sehr gut!
    Ich wünsche Dir ein schönes und sonniges Wochenende und einen guten Start in die neue Woche
    Ganz liebe Grüße Karin

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. 10 Tage ohne Internet - ich mag es mir gar nicht vorstellen... Schön, dass du wieder da bist, liebe Karin!
      Herzliche Grüße,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. So, as I said earlier, I am amazed at how beautiful you dyed your yarn! Mind-goggling really! And it looks great as a band around the denim bag. It is quite a unique piece!
    Wouldn't we all love to have crochet as our job? I think it is a dream wish of every single crocheter out there :) Good luck with your job - there will always be time for crochet!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, there will most definitely alsways be time for crochet. Dyeing will need a bit more scheduling, but I'll manage somehow. There's always the weekend, but I do not want to have these packed and no more room to breath either. Crocheting for a living would be great indeed, but alas...
      Have a great week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. Your bag is beautiful and the new mandala impressive! How lovely that you found a part-time job that you love with people that sound so friendly and lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. They really are and that's what made the decision pretty easy. I've been working there for a year already now, so, no nasty surprises waiting for me here!
      Have a lovely week, dear Sandra!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Congratulations with your new job, good luck on it! But I do hope you find enough time to crochet because I don't want to miss you here.
    PS: Lovely bag, unique colours!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I've been working there for a year now, so I do not expect any nastly surprises and there'll always be enough time for crochet, cause crochet really is one of the things I cannot do without!
      Have a lovely week, dear Sigrid!
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Original and beautiful bag !!!!!
    Congrats for your new job !
    Have fun !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Liebe Marjan,
    du meine Güte, was warst du wieder fleissig! Da frage ich mich gerade wieviele Stunden dein Tag hat!
    Die Tasche ist genial, ein richtiger Hingucker und das Mandala verleitet zum Nacharbeiten und Träumen!
    Herzensgrüassli und ein liebes Drückerli
    Yvonne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh jeh, liebe Yvonne, zur Zeit wünsche ich mir ein paar Stündchen mehr, jeden Tag. Aber, ich habe nur zwei Hände und habe auch nur (leider) diese 24 Stunden zur Verfügung... Da bleibt eine Menge Ideen ungehäkelt und bleiben eine Menge WIPs einfach liegen...

      Löschen
  7. So pretty! Love the colors. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. What a lovely bag. I love the mixture of crochet and material, and those buttons are very cute too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Just to let you know that I featured your lovely bag at my Ginx Woolly Linx party.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts