Odd Shapes / Ungewöhnliche Formen



Hi there,




it definitely took me ages to finish the hexagon tablecloth because I was being distracted by the urgent need to making Easter-eggs. But that was not the sole reason. Primarily it simply was the fun of crocheting these hexagons. After I had crocheted all 37 of them, I did not feel like having a break at all and there were still so many brilliant shades left in my yarnbasket. I simply could not resist.
Soon I had yet another pile of hexagons in front of me. And as I did not really feel like sewing the first 37 together yet...
   
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XZi3F11KL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg 
  
Thinking about what to do with these 16 new hexagons I remembered the “Hexagon Mini Cushion” out of Susan Pinner's book “Granny Squares”. I gathered the hexagons whose shades made me think of autumn leaves to make following cushion:



8 Hexagons left... Why not make a rectangular cushion with these?



As you may have noticed the shapes of both cushion are rather unusual. No standard fillings around to put into them. I had to make some myself and that took me till yesterday afternoon to take care of it (momentarily I simply do not feel comfortable with my sewing machine – don't know why, but it should get better soon).


Gründl Cotton Fun yarn has a range of 18 shades. So there are still some untouched in my yarnbasket: dark blue, grey, black – any idea what I could crochet with these (other than a hat or a scarf for men – as my men would never wear something made by mum)?
I'll think about it too... 

I'll keep in touch!



P.S.: Written pattern can be found here!





Liebe Freunde,


einer der Gründe, dass es so lange dauerte, die Tischdecke fertig zu bekommen, war klar mein plötzlicher Bedarf, Ostereier zu um- und behäkeln... Ein anderer Grund war, dass es schlicht und einfach so viel Spaß machte, Sechsecke zu häkeln, und ich somit unmöglich eine Pause einlegen konnte, nachdem ich die ersten 37 beendet hatte. Obendrein lagen noch einige interessante Farben in meiner Wollkiste...

Bald hatte ich zusätzliche 16 Sechsecke vor mir liegen. Schön. Und jetzt?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XZi3F11KL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
 

Ich erinnerte mich an das „Hexagon Mini Cushion” aus dem Buch „Granny Squares“ von Susan Pinner. Dafür nahm ich 8 Sechsecke, deren Farben mich an Herbstlaub erinnerten.




Noch 8 Sechsecke übrig... Warum nicht ein schlichtes rechteckiges Kissen?




Wie ihr vielleicht bemerkt habt, entsprechen die Formen der beiden Kissen keinerlei DIN-Norm. Somit passen auch keine Standardfüllkissen hinein. Und da ich zur Zeit nicht wirklich auf gutem Fuß mit meiner Nähmaschine stehe, dauerte es bis gestern Nachmittag, bis ich mich dazu überreden konnte, doch endlich loszulegen.



Insgesamt gibt es 18 Farben von Cotton Fun (von Gründl). Dunkelblau, schwarz und grau liegen noch unangetastet in meiner Wollkiste. Hat irgendwer eine Idee, was ich mit diesen dunklen Farben anstellen könnte? Kein Männerschal oder -mütze, denn meine Männer tragen nichts, was aus dem Atelier stammt (Seufz!). Ich muss mir noch mal Gedanken machen...

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden!

P.S.: Anleitung hier nach zu lesen

Kommentare

  1. Wow, eine wunderschöne Idee, aus diesen tollen Farben und dem sensationellen Muster eine Kissenhülle zu häkeln!!! Gefallen mit sehr, diese Bezüge...
    Lieber Gruß, Charly

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke!! Vielleicht sollte ich mal versuchen, das Muster auszuschreiben...

      Löschen
  2. Thank you so much for your nice words for my birthday.
    I love your hexagons! Please share them at the link up tomorrow.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hi Monica, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and I've just shared the cushions tat your link up. Have a nice day, Marjan

      Löschen
    2. Thank you so much for sharing at my link up. I love the hexagons, must look into the links. I am addicted to squares and hexagons. :) My birthday was spent with my family and friends :o)

      Löschen
    3. I wonder, where did you find the hexagon? I am able to crochet from a photo, but is there a chart somewhere?

      Löschen
    4. Hi Monica, I made them myself. Next week I have a week off and could try to write the pattern down - if you'd wait that long...

      Löschen
    5. They are so nice.
      Charts are so easy to read, but I don't have the programe to make them :(
      Don't rush on my account, I will manage to wait :)

      Löschen
  3. Beautiful cushions and nice colors.
    Love the hexagons, I never crocheted them myself.
    Hugs Loes

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hallo Marjam! Ich habe dich via Monica's link up gefunden. Deine Hexagons sind wunderschoen, vor allem in diesen froehlichen Farbtoenen! Uebrigens, ich bin Deutsche, aber wohne nun in Belgien... ;)
    Schau mal bei meinem Blog vorbei, ich habe gestern 3 posts geschrieben! Ich haekele auch sehr gern!!!

    Gruss!!
    Ingrid
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hallo Ingrid,
      deine Schals sind einfach toll! Zur Zeit sammele ich wie wild Muster für Dreieckstücher, etc., komme aber nicht dazu auch nur eines anzufangen... Einfach zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit (und Geduld).
      Schönes Wochenende,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I am going to include them in my features at this week's Yarn Fanatic Party!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. These pillows are so neat! They are different, and in such beautiful colors. I have pinned the pillows, and the original hexagon patterns to a few places including a community board I am part of for Free Crochet Patterns.
    I have also chosen the hexagon pillow as one of my EyeLoveKNots Yarn Favorites and featured in this week's Yarn Fanatic Party #33.
    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com
    #33: http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/04/yarn-fanatic-party-33-snappy-tots.html

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts