Granny Square "Shell-Seeker" and pattern

Hier geht es zur deutschen Version...

Hurray!


I've just created my very first own Granny Square!
It is not as if I have just reinvented the way to making fire or anything like that. And most probably there are plenty of similar Granny Squares around. More experienced crocheters might even be able to tell me which or where. But there were no Granny Square books on my desk, whilst I was developing my Granny Square.
It was like leaving a treble out here, pulling a cluster of trebles just a bit further away there, trying to include my beloved shell-stitch and unraveling the last two rounds just one more time.
   



You can see in the pictures how I started off with the blue yarn. It just did not work out, so I restarted with the lighter aubergine yarn. I did halt just in time before unraveling a third time and just before I could forget what I actually wanted/needed to change. So I hastily started over with the darker aubergine yarn. Two hours later I crocheted my last slipstitch and admiring the result I immediately knew I still should change something in the fourth round...
Sigh... 
   



Therefore I made a final version in white.
   



I thought of naming it “Shell-Seeker”



The pattern works out fine for me with either a N° 3 hook and Schachenmayr Catania (the above mentioned darker aubergine) as well as with a N° 4 hook and 100% cotton yarn from Crelando (the white one - bought at Lidl's).



This is not only my first self-made Granny Square, this is my first pattern too! I hope it is understandable – sorry, if not. I did try very hard to get it right!
   

Pattern Granny Square „Shell-Seeker“




Start with a magic circle.



Round 1: 3 ch (= 1 tr), 2 tr in magic circle, 3 ch, * 4 tr in magic ring, 3 ch *, repeat * * twice, ss in 3rd ch



Round 2: ss till 3-ch-loop, 3 ch, 2 tr in loop, 3 ch, 3 tr in same loop, 1 ch, * (3 tr, 3 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 2 ch *, repeat * * twice, ss in 3rd ch



Round 3: ss till 3-ch-loop [3 ch (= 1 tr), 2 tr, 3 ch, 3 tr] in this loop, * 1ch, 3 tr in next 2-ch-loop, 1 ch, (3 tr, 3 ch, 3 tr) in next 3-ch-loop*, repeat * * twice, 1 ch, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next 2-ch-loop, 1 ch, ss in 3rd ch



Round 4: ss till 3-ch-loop, [3 ch (= 1 tr), 2 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr, 1ch, 3 tr] in this loop, 1 ch, * skip one loop, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next 3-ch-loop, 1 Lm *, repeat * * twice, skip next loop, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch, ss in 3rd ch



Round 5: ss till first 1-ch-loop [3 ch (=1 tr), 2 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr] in this loop, 3 ch, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch, * skip one loop, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch, skip one loop, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 3 ch, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch *, repeat * * twice, skip one loop, (3 tr, 1 ch, 3 tr) in next loop, 1 ch, ss in 3rd ch



Round 6: ss till 1-ch-loop, 2 ch (= 1 dc) in this loop, 3 ch, (2tr, 3 ch, 2 tr) in next large loop, * 3 ch, 1 dc in next loop, 3 ch, 1 tr in next loop, 3 ch, 1 dc in next loop, 3 ch, 1 tr in next loop, 3 ch, 1 dc in next loop, 3 ch, (2 tr, 3 ch, 2 tr) in large loop *, repeat * * twice, 3 ch, 1 dc in next loop, 3 ch, 1 tr in next loop, 3 ch, 1 dc in next loop, ss in 2nd ch



Round 7: 2 ch, 3 dc around loop, 1 dc in each tr, 5 dc around corner-loop, 1 dc in each tr, 3 dc around loop, 1 dc in dc, 3 dc aroun loop, 1 dc in tr, 3 dc around loop, etc., etc., … Mind: 5 dc around corner-loop. Ss in 2nd ch



Fasten off and weave ends in.




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts